MULTIPURPOSE ROOM POLICIES AND APPLICATION
A meeting room (Multi-purpose Room) is available in the San Juan Memorial Library primarily to be used for library-related activities and other events co-sponsored by the library. These activities receive priority above other groups who wish to reserve the room. When the room is not in use for library-related activities, non-profit organizations may reserve the room.
Use of the meeting room does not imply endorsement support or co-sponsorship by the San Juan Memorial Library. The Library’s phone number may not be used for any non-library related event.
The room is not intended to serve as a permanent or regular public meeting location for any group. The room may be reserved for one-time programs only rather than for ongoing, regularly scheduled meetings, in order to keep the room as open as possible for library functions. Use of space with a frequency of once a month or greater will be considered a regularly scheduled meeting and thus will not be permitted.
**(NOTE: GROUPS CAN NOT ACCESS THE ROOM UNTIL THE LIBRARY IS OPEN AND THE ROOM MUST BE IN ORDER AND COMPLETELY VACANT A HALF-HOUR BEFORE THE LIBRARY CLOSES)**
A representative from the group must read and accept the following rules and conditions while completing the reservation application.
- I represent a non-profit community group devoted to educational, civic, welfare, or cultural activities. I understand that I may be held legally and financially responsible for any damage to the Library or library equipment that has been caused by my organization while using the Meeting Room.
- I understand that the group reserving the Meeting Room must not be affiliated with profit-making or partisan sponsorship, must not be organized for the benefit of private individuals, must not meet for sectarian religious services or instruction, must not use the meeting for private parties or celebrations or as a private club member, and must not charge an admission fee(s), registration fee(s), the fee(s), or dues of any kind, or exchange of monies that would otherwise affect a person’s ability or decision to attend the program.
- I understand that the Meeting Room is only available for use:
- Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM,
- Fridays from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturdays from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM,
Hours before or after the times indicated above are available with Library Director’s approval. The room must be completely vacated by all members of the group a half-hour before the library closes.
- I understand that the Meeting Room must be reserved at least seventy-two hours, but no more than one month in advance of the proposed meeting. Cancellations or changes in arrangements must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the beginning of the scheduled meeting.
- I understand that the Meeting Room is limited to occupancy of a maximum of 100 people in order not to exceed building code limitations. 100 auditorium style, 50 classroom style, and 50 U-shaped set-up.
- I understand that food and beverages must remain in the Meeting Room at all times. I understand that alcoholic beverages and smoking are both prohibited.
- Furniture may not be moved once set up has been made by city personnel. Users are responsible for cleaning up before leaving. All items brought in for event must be taken immediately after the event.
- I understand that materials may not be fastened to the wall except where provided for by the library. Groups are restricted from placing signs, flyers, or other materials in any other part of the library.
- I understand that noise levels in the Meeting Room should be kept to a minimum so that other library patrons and staff are not disturbed. Meeting room programs should not interfere with library operations.
- I understand that applications for use by minors must be made by an adult aged eighteen or over who will assume responsibility for adherence to library rules. The adult must be present during the entire meeting.
- Audiovisual equipment is available in conjunction with the use of the Meeting Room. Please review the application and select the room setup including any equipment needed. The library staff is not responsible for operating equipment, only setup.
- I understand that neither the San Juan Memorial Library personnel nor the City of San Juan can be responsible for damage, loss, or disappearance of property or for injury to persons in connection with the use of the premises or equipment.
- The library retains the right to deny the space to any user whose planned use of the space does not comply with these terms. The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation with no less than 48 hours notice if the space is required for use by the library or a library-related organization.
- I understand that as the group’s representative, I am responsible for reading and imparting the rules and policies for use of the Meeting Room to group members. I understand that if rules are not adhered to or are abused in any way, the group may be denied future use of the room.
- Failure to abide by all rules will result in a warning letter advising the group of their violation. A second violation will result in loss of future meeting room use.
The final decision on the appropriate use of the meeting room is at the discretion of the Library Director.
The use of the meeting room is free of charge.
Available Seating Setups
*Select the setup in the form below